The Juventus forward can charge marketers $1.6 million for each post on his account, according to social media marketing business Hopper HQ.
Former Real Madrid player Ronaldo knocked Dwayne Johnson,“The Rock” a wrestler-turned-actor, off the top spot. Ronaldo is the first player to reach the top of the rankings, which started in 2017.
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner is a force to be reckoned with, with 308 million Instagram followers.
Johnson, who stars in the Fast & Furious film franchise, has 250 million Instagram followers and can make just over $1.52 million each post, while pop singer Ariana Grande ($1.51 million) comes in third.
Lionel Messi, who became a free agent last week when his Barcelona contract expired, is the only other athlete in the top 10.
The Argentine, who has 224 million followers, could earn up to $1.1 million every post, putting him in ninth position.
Neymar of Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil is the 16th highest-paid athlete in the world.
The ten celebrities who may command the highest price per Instagram post are:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo, 308m followers – just over $1.6m per post
2. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, 250m followers, $1.52m per post
3. Ariana Grande, 247 million followers, $1.51m per post
4. Kylie Jenner, 244 million followers, $1.49m per post
5. Selena Gomez, 241 million followers – $1.46m per post
6. Kim Kardashian, 232 million followers – $1.41m per post
7. Lionel Messi, 224 million followers – $1.16m per post
8. Beyonce Knowles, 189 million followers – $1.14m per post
9. Justin Bieber, 180 million followers – $1.11m per post
10. Kendall Jenner, 172 million followers -$1.05m per post
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *