The death toll of Quetta blast on Friday (April 12) morning has surged to 20, provincial home minister said. Eight Hazara, an FC official and two children were among the dead. At least 48 others, including three security personnel, were injured in the blast, police and provincial authorities said.
DIG Quetta Abdul Razzaq Cheema told the media that the blast, which shook the Hazarganji vegetable market at around 7:35am, was caused by an improvised explosive device (IED) that had been hidden among vegetables in the market.
Prime Minister Imran Khan condemned the blast in Hazarganji and said “Deeply saddened & have strongly condemned the terrorist attack in Hazarganji market area of Quetta targeting our innocent people. I have asked for an immediate inquiry & increased security for the ppl. Prayers go to the families of the victims & for early recovery of the injured”.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
18 August, 2019