The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) spokesperson said in a statement that they are cooperating with the security team in Pakistan and will decide to tour Pakistan within 48 hours, after New Zealand decided to pull out of the Pakistan tour due to a security alert.
The ECB spokesperson said that “We’re aware of New Zealand’s decision to pull out of the Pakistan tour due to a security alert. We are liaising with our security team who are on the ground in Pakistan to fully understand the situation,”
The spokesperson also said that “The ECB will then decide in the next 24-48 hours whether our planned tour should proceed,”
It must be noted that last day the New Zealand abandoned Pakistan unilaterally citing the security threats, Kiwis were visiting Pakistan for the first time in 18 years and were due to play 3 ODIs and 5 T20Is in Rawalpindi and Lahore.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *