In the light of dozens of incidents of electrocution that took place across Karachi, first FIR was registered against K-Electric Administration on Friday (August 2). The case was filed over death of 30-year-old Saad Ahmed who died on July 29 in Paposh area of Karachi due to electrocution.
The FIR was lodged by deceased’s brothers as per section 322 under charges of murder. The bereaved family has accused K-Electric of negligence, terming the company responsible for Saad’s death. “During the rain, wires came in contact with the electric pole. We complained to K-electric but they paid no heed”, the family claimed.
The death toll from electrocution caused by intermittent monsoon rains reached 15, according to rescue sources.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
20 September, 2019