Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has urged the World Health Organization (WHO) to play its role in providing basic health needs to fifteen million Kashmiris in Indian occupied Kashmir.
He was talking to Director General WHO Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus on the sidelines of the UN Human Rights Council session in Geneva on Tuesday.
The Foreign Minister told the WHO Director-General that Kashmiris have been facing draconian curfew since India revoked Article 370 and 35A of its constitution on 5th of the last month in an illegal and unconstitutional manner, depriving the Kashmiris of their legitimate autonomous status.
He also stressed the need to declare a health emergency in Indian occupied Kashmir adding that food and medicines are not available to people in occupied Kashmir due to continuous curfew there.
He said the medical staff is facing great difficulties to provide medical facilities to pregnant women, children and elderly people. While talking to Senegalese counterpart in Geneva Shah Mahmood Qureshi said the grave situation in occupied Kashmir suggests that a new humanitarian crisis may emerge there.
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has said the international community will have to play its role to get stopped Indian atrocities and oppression in Occupied Kashmir. Shah Mahmood Qureshi said Indian forces are subjecting the Kashmiri people to the worst form of repression. He said a complete siege has been laid around the occupied valley by the Indian forces since 5th of last month.
The Foreign Minister said that the international media and human rights organizations have exposed the Indian oppression Shah Mahmood Qureshi said Pakistan has great expectations from Senegal being the president of Human Rights Council.
The Senegalese Foreign Minister expressed concerns over the situation in occupied Kashmir.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *