After the Quetta explosion which killed 20 people including eight Hazara members, Hazara community have been staging a sit-in at Quetta’s Western Bypass for over 23 hours demanding better security measures to ensure safety of Hazara community.
The protesters argued that Hazara community was a particular target in the blast. Provincial Home Minister Zia Lango reached the site but the dialogues with the Hazara community failed once again.
The death toll of Quetta blast on Friday (April 12) morning has surged to 20, provincial home minister said. Eight Hazara, an FC official and two children were among the dead. At least 48 others, including three security personnel, were injured in the blast, police and provincial authorities said. DIG Quetta Abdul Razzaq Cheema told the media that the blast, which shook the Hazarganji vegetable market at around 7:35am, was caused by an improvised explosive device (IED) that had been hidden among vegetables in the market.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
27 September, 2019