Indian Air Force Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa on Monday (March 4) was left visibly unsettled when he was asked about casualities in the IAF’s failed strike at the allegedly Jaish-e-Mohammed’s biggest terror camp in Pakistan’s Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.
While responding a question regarding Balakot air strike he said, “That statement will be made by the government. Air Force is not in a position to clarify how many people were inside… We don’t count human casualties, we count what targets we have hit or not hit… We can’t count how many people have died. It depends on how many people were there”.
He further said “Otherwise why would [Pakistan] have responded? If we had dropped bombs in the jungle there would be no need to respond,” he said, failing to acknowledge that India violated the undisputed territory of Pakistan to launch an attack on Pakistani soil. Dhanoa also refused to comment further on what he described as an “ongoing operation”, saying: “We won’t comment on ongoing operations. A MiG-21 Bison is capable, upgraded, has a better weapon system, [and] better radar.”
Last week, the IAF violated Pakistani airspace and returned unsuccessful after the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) “immediately scrambled” its jets. There were no casualties from the incident, the military’s media wing had clarified.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *