PTI chairman Imran Khan announced his 11 points agenda to make Naya Pakistan. He was speaking at a huge public gathering at Minar-e Pakistan in Lahore. He made two hours long speech. It includes reforms in education, health, policing and tourism sectors. He also announced to bring huge foreign investment into Pakistan. He pledged to end the corruption and to introduce merit system in the country.
He made pledges without giving details of the implementation plan and concrete steps to deliver the pledges. He made some good points in his speech but failed to elaborate these points. His 11 point agenda is good on papers but lack clarity how to implement it.
Here are 11 points announced by Imran Khan in his speech.
1. Education “No country can ever flourish without emphasizing on the education…all the Asian Tigers educated their children, the men, and the women. “35 million children study in government schools. Half of Punjab’s budget is being spent on Lahore [alone]. I ask Shahbaz Sharif who’s ruling Punjab for 10 years, how many international-level universities he established.” “Countries don’t flourish because of the roads and bridges, but when you spend on human development,” Imran lashed out at the present government, adding that the PTI will “invest maximum on the development of the people, on one education system in Pakistan.”
2. Health “When I can make Shaukat Khanum Memorial Trust Hospital (SKMCH) without government, I will [build] hospitals in Pakistan where the poor wouldn’t have to worry about money and the rich wouldn’t need to go abroad for treatment.” He vowed to introduce a health insurance system modeled on the ‘Sehat Sahulat’ card in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for the poor across Pakistan.
3. Tax collection “We don’t have money to run the country, we are in heavy debt. I claim in front of you today that I will show you how to gather money from this nation. We will collect 8,000 billion rupees as tax collection every year. Pakistan has huge potential to increase its revenues”.
4. Corruption Citing the example of his decision to expel 20 MPAs from his party for “selling votes” in the Senate elections earlier this year, Imran promised the people he will eliminate corruption from the country. “We will stop money laundering; we will strengthen the NAB and FBR.”
5. Foreign Investment Imran termed the overseas Pakistanis as the biggest investing potentials for the country and resolved to bring investments into Pakistan. “We will reduce the tax on electricity and gas for our industries so that they could compete with Indian market,” he said.
6. Job opportunities for youth Promising the youth much better employment opportunities, Imran said he would especially focus on boosting the tourism industry of Pakistan.
7. Agriculture Imran said he would improve agriculture and the lives of farmers on ‘an emergency basis.’ “They work for the whole year and get nothing in the end. They are being exploited by the sugar mill mafia.”
8. Strong Federation The PTI chief resolved to strengthen the federation. “We know how the injustice is being done to smaller provinces. I know more about Khyber Pakhtunkhwa,” he said.
9. Environment Imran said the environment was a priority on the party’s manifesto. “For the first time ever, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government paid special attention to the environment,” he said, adding that the party plans to plant 10 billion trees across Pakistan. “We can even clean the rivers,” he said.
10. Depoliticising the police system “Our Khyber Pakhtunkhwa police are totally depoliticized. There’s no victimization via FIRs, there not a single extrajudicial killing in the province while in Sindh Rao Anwar killed 400 people. We will depoliticise the police system in the country.
11. Women empowerment “Whatever I am today, it’s all because of my mother who made me a patriotic person and raised me to be a truthful person.” We will provide the education to girls on priority. We will give women the right in inheritance. Women empowerment is our priority”. Imran Khan asked the people of Pakistan to support him to implement his 11 point agenda. He said after winning the upcoming elections, PTI government will make Naya Pakistan with the implementation of 11 point agenda.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
17 August, 2019