Indian government has rejected claims of involvement in Chinese consulate terror attack and called it fabricated and a scurrilous attempt to levy accusations on India.
Earlier on Friday (Jan 11) Additional IG Karachi Dr Amir Shaikh while addressing a press conference in Karachi said that according to investigation findings of terror attack on Chinese Consulate, terror plot was planned in Afghanistan with the help of Indian intelligence agency RAW. He also said that basic purpose of this attack to create controversies and rifts between Pak-China relations.
Reacting to the Pakistani claim, a spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs in New Delhi said, “We have seen statements in the Pakistani media attributed to the police chief of Karachi making false allegations against India for the terrorist attack on the Chinese consulate in Karachi in November, 2018. We completely reject these fabricated and scurrilous attempts to levy accusations on India. Instead of maliciously pointing fingers at others for such terrorist incidents, Pakistan needs to look inwards and undertake credible action against support to terrorism and terror infrastructure in its territories”.
AIG Karachi Dr Amir Shaikh also claimed that “Terrorists belonging to the banned Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) were involved in the attack”, he said. “The attack was planned in Afghanistan,” he added. Further, Dr Shaikh shared, “Weapons for the attack were transported from Quetta to Karachi through train service and kept in a house in Baldia Town.” “The suspects stayed at a residence in Baldia Town belonging to a man named Arif,” he said. “They conducted a recce of the Chinese consulate for four months.”
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
23 June, 2019