In a speech broadcast on the state television, Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani on Wednesday (June 19) said Iran will not negotiate with the United States under pressure. Hassan Rouhani said pulling out of some commitments under the nuclear deal was a “minimum” measure that Tehran could adopt a year after the United States withdrew from the accord and re-imposed sanctions on the Islamic Republic.
Meanwhile, spokesman for Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization has said, Tehran would not give European powers more time beyond 8th of next month to save its nuclear deal by shielding it from U.S. sanctions.
Earlier the reports has claimed that US President is likely to deploy US security forces for the protection of Gulf oil supplies, that Washington fears may be under threat by Iran. The reports of US military action got pace after last week attacks on two oil tankers near the strategic Strait of Hormuz shipping lane at the entrance to the Gulf.
The nuclear deal with Iran, which was reached in 2015 during Barack Obama’s presidency, aimed to head off any pathway to an Iranian nuclear bomb. Trump says the agreement failed to address Iran’s missile program or punish it for waging proxy wars in Middle East countries.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
17 November, 2019