High-end restaurant in Karachi’s DHA area was sealed after death of one-and-a-half-year-old Ahmad Ahsan and five-year-old Muhammad Ahsan, after consuming unhygienic food in the restaurant.
According to the autopsy, conducted by a Medico-legal officer (MLO) Jinnah hospital, children were died due to ‘food poisoning’. According to SSP South Peer Muhammad Shah, “a woman and her two children had consumed unhygienic food from the restaurant last night and the latter also purchased candies from a stall at a children’s playland in Defence Phase 4”. Playland was also sealed by the Karachi police.
The deceased brothers were the residents of Creek Vista Apartments in DHA. The children and their mother Ayesha were taken to a private hospital in the DHA after they fell sick. Doctors declared them dead, while their mother remains hospitalised.
Sindh’s higher authorities, CM Murad Ali Shah and Governor Imran Ismail took notice of the incident and ordered concerned authorities to present report. An inquiry committee has been formed to investigate the matter.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
17 November, 2019