The head of the Saudi human rights commission, Bandar bin Mohammed al-Aiban has rejected the demand of an international investigation into the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
Talking in U.N. Human Rights Council in Geveva during review of Saudi Arbia’s rights record, he said the kingdom would not accept what he termed as foreign interference in its domestic affairs and judicial system. Bandar bin Mohammed al-Aiban said those on trial for the heinous crime at its Istanbul consulate on Oct 3 had attended three hearings so far with their lawyers present.
Controversial death of Saudi journalist triggered a storm in International community. Saudi Arabia had failed to return even dead body of Khashoggi. Khashoggi was allegedly killed inside the kingdom’s consulate in Istanbul by a team sent from Riyadh on October 2, a murder Turkey’s president said was ordered from “the highest levels” of Saudi Arabia’s government.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
17 August, 2019