The son of slain Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi said on Monday his family had achieved justice thanks to the verdict of Saudi Arabia’s public prosecutor. Earlier, the Saudi public prosecutor said five people had been sentenced to death and three more to jail terms totaling 24 years over the killing of Khashoggi in Istanbul in October 2018.
“Today we have been granted justice as the children of the deceased, God willing, Jamal Khashoggi. We affirm our confidence in the Saudi judiciary at all levels, that it has been fair to us and that justice has been achieved,” the slain journalist’s son, Salah Khashoggi, tweeted.
Saudi Arabia’s public prosecutor said on Monday (Dec 23) five people had been sentenced to death and three more to jail terms totaling 24 years in the case of the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Istanbul in October last year.
He said Saud al Qahtani, a former high-profile Saudi royal adviser, was investigated but not charged and was released. Khashoggi was a U.S. resident and critic of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the kingdom’s de facto ruler. He was last seen at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2, 2018, where he was to receive papers ahead of his wedding. His body was reportedly dismembered and removed from the building, and his remains have not been found.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *