New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on wenesday (April 24) said that that her government was not aware of any intelligence suggesting that a devastating attack on Easter Sunday in Sri Lanka was in retaliation for deadly shootings on a mosques in Christchurch.
The death toll in multiple bomb blasts targeting hotels and churches in Sri Lanka has risen to 359, police said Wednesday (April 24). The additional deaths were the result of the wounded dying of their injuries. At least 500 people were injured in the attacks.
“We haven’t received anything officially nor have we received any intelligence reports that corroborate what has been said in Sri Lanka,” Ardern told reporters at a press conference in Auckland. “Sri Lanka will be in the very early stages of its investigations. So we are simply stepping back and allowing them to undertake those, but we have nothing at this stage to corroborate what is being said,” she added.
At least 50 people were killed including citizens of Pakistan and dozens wounded in the deadly terrorist attack on two mosques in New Zealand. Durng Friday prayers last week, multiple people were killed when a gunman opened fire on two crowded mosques during Friday prayers. Australian Brenton Tarrant, 28, a suspected white supremacist, was charged with murder.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
21 August, 2019