The opposition parties in the Senate rejected Hajj policy for year 2019, which was approved by federal government on Thursday (Jan 31) and demanded subsidy in the policy and tabled a calling attention notice on Friday (Feb 1).
Senator Mushtaq Ahmed of Jamaat-i-Islami (JI) lamented on government’s decision and fires tirade against government by saying government should remember its claims to transform the country into a Madina-like state, adding that the recent increase in Haj expenditure has pushed the religious obligation out of the people’s reach.
The federal cabinet on Thursday announced the Haj Policy 2019. According to new Hajj Policy more than 1, 84000 Pakistanis will perform the religious ritual of Hajj this year, while 60 per cent quota would be reserved for the government and the remaining 40 per cent for private hajj tour operators. According to new policy cost of performing Haj under the government scheme has been fixed at Rs456,426 (with Qurbani), against last year’s expense of Rs280,000 per person. Now, every individual will have to pay an additional Rs176,426. Applications in this regard will be received from next month. “The cabinet has decided against provision of any kind of subsidy,” sources said.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
17 November, 2019