On Tuesday, provincial law minister Muhammad Basharat Raja while addressing a news conference with provincial health minister Dr. Yasmin Rashid and Fayyazul Chohan said Punjab government rejected the application of former premier Nawaz Sharif for extension in his bail stating that the PML-N supremo has failed to provide the required medical reports.
It is pertinent to mention here that the provincial government has twice deemed incomplete the medical reports submitted by Nawaz’s team and sought fresh ones.
Basharat Raja said, “He has not been admitted to any hospital since he went to London for treatment. We have repeatedly asked his physician Dr. Adnan Khan about the cardiac procedure. Dr. Adnan failed to give any particular date and said we have lined up this in the next couple of weeks. The Islamabad High Court had given eight weeks to Nawaz. In the last 16 weeks, we have not received any new reports from London.”
“No new reports were sent to despite multiple requests,” Basharat said, “After seven to eight observations, the board asked for new reports, however, the response we received from them was that the reports that had already been sent were conclusive and a decision should be taken on them,” he said.
The Minister of Justice also stated, in the light of the information available to him, that the Punjab government had decided not to extend the bail. “We will now write to the federal government about the decision of the government of Punjab. The federal government will decide on the further course of action “
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
07 April, 2020