Shehbaz Sharif while addressing a press conference, regarding the ECL name removal for Nawaz Sharif stated that PML-N will challenge the decision in Lahore High Court.
The government on November 12 had announced that Nawaz will be given a “one-time” permission to travel abroad for his medical treatment for a period of four weeks. The announcement also stated that, the permission would be subject to the Sharif family submitting an indemnity bond “to the tune of Rs7-7.5 billion”.
“Renowned lawyers of the country have opposed the [government] decision. There is no example of dirty politics in the country’s history over the health of anyone.” the PML-N president said.
Sharif during the press conference said the government by asking the PML-N to submit indemnity bonds to secure permission for Nawaz to travel abroad was, in fact, demanding “ransom” and the decision was not acceptable to the PML-N in any condition.
He said the “political game” staged by Prime Minister Imran Khan and his team regarding the PML-N supremo health is condemn able.
Another senior leader of the PML-N had earlier stated : “The option of moving the court to seek directives for the government to remove the PML-N supreme leader’s name from the ECL is under serious consideration. It is highly expected that opposition leader in the National Assembly Shahbaz Sharif files a petition in a day or two.”
“The government’s offer is the worst example of the government’s vendetta against the Sharif family,” Nawaz’s son Hussain Nawaz said in a tweet while reacting to the government’s move.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
17 November, 2019