US President, Donald Trump with almost 2 months left in White House, last week asked for options on attacking Iran’s main nuclear site, but ultimately decided against taking the dramatic step, a U.S. official said
The official said that Donald Trump made the request during an Oval Office meeting on Thursday with his top national security advisors, including Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, new acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller and General Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
The official confirmed the account of the meeting in The New York Times, which reported the aides persuaded Trump not to go ahead with a strike because of the risk of a broader conflict.
He further added that “He asked for options. They gave him the scenarios and he ultimately decided not to go forward,”
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *