Former US President Donald Trump has criticised Facebook’s decision to suspend Trump’s account for a period of two years.
Donald Trump has slammed Facebook’s move to ban him as a form of censorship and a “insult” to American voters.
“Facebook’s verdict is an insult to the record-setting 75 million people, plus many others, who voted for us in the 2020 Rigged Presidential Election,” the former US President stated in a statement.
They shouldn’t be allowed to get away with censorship and silence, and we’ll triumph in the end. This abuse will no longer be tolerated in our country!”
“At his request, there will be no more dinners with Mark Zuckerberg and his wife the next time I’m in the White House. He went on to say, “It’ll be all business.”
“Given the gravity of the circumstances that led to Mr Trump’s suspension, we believe his actions constituted a severe violation of our rules that merit the highest penalty available under the new enforcement protocols,” Facebook’s vice-president of global affairs, Nick Clegg, said in a statement on Friday. We are suspending his accounts for a period of two years, beginning on January 7 of this year.”
Clegg stated, “We will assess external elements, such as acts of violence, limits on peaceful assembly, and other indicators of civic unrest.”
“If we conclude that there is still a severe risk to public safety,” he said, “we will prolong the restriction for a specific amount of time and continue to re-evaluate until that risk has passed.”
If Trump broke Facebook regulations, Nick Clegg added, “a tight set of swiftly escalating consequences would be activated.”
His account had already been permanently suspended by Twitter “due to the danger of additional instigation of violence.”
The decision was taken after a “close analysis of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account,” according to Twitter.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *