The United Nations has expressed its full solidarity with the government of Pakistan in its fight against terrorism and violent extremism.
In a statement, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has strongly condemned the ‘cowardly’ attack in Quetta in which twenty people were killed and 48 wounded. He also extends his condolences to the families of the victims and to the Government and people of Pakistan.
Secretary-General @antonioguterres is shocked at today’s attack in Quetta, Pakistan: https://t.co/AjIKaPEUcv— UN Spokesperson (@UN_Spokesperson) April 12, 2019
Secretary-General @antonioguterres is shocked at today’s attack in Quetta, Pakistan: https://t.co/AjIKaPEUcv
— UN Spokesperson (@UN_Spokesperson) April 12, 2019
The death toll of Quetta blast on Friday (April 12) morning has surged to 20, provincial home minister said. Eight Hazara, an FC official and two children were among the dead. At least 48 others, including three security personnel, were injured in the blast, police and provincial authorities said. DIG Quetta Abdul Razzaq Cheema told the media that the blast, which shook the Hazarganji vegetable market at around 7:35am, was caused by an improvised explosive device (IED) that had been hidden among vegetables in the market.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
18 August, 2019