Actress Uzma Khan withdrew the case against three women and their armed guards whom she accused last week of torturing her and her sister after angrily storming a house where she lived in the neighborhood of Lahore DHA.
A former member of Uzma’s legal team said the two sides reached a settlement that would have led to the withdrawal of charges, but no official has officially confirmed it.
Read More: Uzma Khan Files Complaint Against Malik Riaz’s Daughter
Earlier, Uzma Khan has alleged that a woman and her 12 gunmen entered into her house forcefully and physically assaulting her and her sister Huma. The actor, who had filed a police complaint in the matter, has claimed that the woman is the daughter business tycoon Malik Riaz.
In a video of the alleged incident that went viral on social media, Uzma Khan and his sister Huma can be allegedly seen threatened by a woman, who accuses the actor of having an affair with her husband, Usman. In another video, the woman and a few men were seen assaulting the two sisters.
A First Information Report (FIR) of the incident was registered on March 27 on Uzma’s complaint against Riaz’s daughters Pashmina Malik and Ambar Malik, Amina Usman Malik (wife of Usman Malik), and 15 unidentified armed men, the private guards with whom the three women had entered the house seen in video clips.
Uzma subsequently denied having reached an agreement with those implicated in the violence. “These are just rumors and I reject them, making it clear that no effort is being made,” she told media on Friday, adding that neither the suspects had contacted her for a deal nor that she would accept.
But on Tuesday, Uzma submitted a request to Defense C police, saying that the case she had registered last week had been filed “on the basis of a misunderstanding” and that she did not want to continue.
She said no challan had so far been submitted in the case. “I don’t want to give any testimony or deposition in the above-stated case,” Uzma added.
She recorded a similar statement before Judicial Magistrate Nauman Nasir of Lahore Cantt Courts under Section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC), saying she wants to withdraw the case.
Uzma’s sister, Huma, in her separate statement recorded under Section 164 of CrPC said “The accused party has not made any torture upon me,” she submitted, adding that the injuries she was seen to have sustained in social media videos were caused by broken “glass from table”.
She further said the suspects nominated in the FIR are “innocent”.
“My sister namely Uzma Khan got registered the instant FIR due to misunderstanding. Therefore, the same may very kindly be canceled,” Huma added.
A judicial magistrate in Lahore had last week issued arrest warrants for the three women nominated in the FIR on the request of the investigating officer, however, they obtained pre-arrest bail from a sessions court on Monday.
Uzma Khan, in a video message posted to her Twitter account on Saturday morning, which has since been deleted, she again denied reports that she had reached a “compromise” with those involved in the violence and that she had settled to Dubai.
She said that people advised her to make an “agreement” with the attackers, saying that her life was in danger. “But I am already dead after what they did to me … they defamed me in front of the whole world,” she said.
“My life is in danger,” she added, asking for help from Prime Minister Imran Khan and Minister for Human Rights Shireen Mazari.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *