Thousands of people have been taken to the hospital due to severe lung illnesses and other health problems after vaping in the past years. 39 people have died as a result of vapes. It’s clear we’re have underestimated the dangers of vaping.
E-cigarettes made their debut about a decade ago, advertised as a safer alternative to tobacco cigarettes. Multiple doctors explained that water vapor is safer than smoking a cigarette. 2015 was when the trend really picked up. Juul Labs (then part of Pax Labs) debuted its discreet USB-size vaporizer and quickly became the industry leader. It was the new cool, smoking a graphite black Pax 3 in a business suit was seen as the fashion statement of the decade. However, the smoker’s nirvana didn’t last.
Federal health officials have reported, that tests conducted on the lung fluid of 29 sick patients has revealed, the presence of vitamin E acetate. Vitamin E acetate is an additive in some (Tetra Hydro Canabanol) THC-containing products also commonly known as marijuana.
The announcement doesn’t officially rule out that other possible ingredients may be causing the lung injuries, but a report from Disease Control and Prevention said no other potential toxins were detected in its tests. However, it is recommended that people avoid using e-cigarettes, or vaping, products that contain THC.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
17 November, 2019